In a statement circulated in Kano, Ansaru gave its full name is â€œAnsarul Muslimina Fi Biladis Sudan,â€ meaning Vanguards for the Protection of Muslims in Black Africa. Its motto is â€œJihad Fi Sabilillah,â€ meaning it is fighting and sacrificing for Allahâ€™s cause. The statement was signed by one Abu Usamata Alâ€™Ansari, who claimed to be its leader.
Ansaru expressed displeasure with Boko Haramâ€™s style of operations, which it described as inhuman to the Muslim Ummah. It vowed to restore dignity and sanity to the â€œthe lost dignity of Muslims in black Africaâ€ and to bring back the dignity of Islam in Nigeria and the Sokoto Caliphate, founded by Othman Dan Fodio in 1804, which spread across Niger Republic, Cameroon and some West African countries.
Share and Enjoy
- Mother Withdraws her Son 14, from Muslim School After He Was Banned from Looking at Female Students
- The Top 15 Nelson Mandela Quotes Of All Time
- Video: Nelson Mandela's first TV interview in 1961
- Rev. Omolade's Response To Chris Okotie's Catholic Statement
- 'He is Now At Peace': Nelson Mandela dead at 95