A South African court has found Henry Okah guilty of terrorism charges leveled against him by the federal government of Nigeria. Okah is accused of masterminding two car bombings in Abuja on October 1 in 2010. 12 people were killed and 36 were injured. He was arrested in Johannesburg the following day.
Okah was allegedly the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, that claimed responsibility for the blasts.
He was charged with engaging in terrorist activities, conspiracy to engage in terrorist activity, and delivering, placing, and detonating an explosive device.
Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe, who was first to give evidence at the opening of Okah’s trial said Okah was a “key figure in the Niger Delta struggle and the militants had a lot of respect for him”.
Okah denied involvement in the attacks, which were claimed by MEND militants, and also denies being the leader of the group.
If you found it helpful please share it to others and like us on Facebook for regular updates. Pls don't forget to comment below.. Read Other Latest Post on Celebrity OR Read Other Latest Post on Crime
Share and Enjoy
- Nollywood Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Dumps Fiancee For Another Woman
- I Regret Putting tattoos On My Body — Actress Anita Joseph Cries-Out
- Photo - Genevieve Nnaji Show Off Her Natural Hair and Rolex Watch
- Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo and Former Husband Reconcile
- Photo - Check Out Ini Edo Customized Fendi Bag + Ine Edo Latest Picture