Romance

He’s Married but Promised to Leave his Wife – Should I wait for him to leave his wife?

By  |
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

dating a married man

Dear MJ Readers

I met a guy online  on a dating site and after chatting for a while, thinks kind of took off from there. We are deeply in love with each other, I have never felt this way for another man and I can also say he feels the same way about me.

I assumed he was single but I have come to learn that he is a married man. I wanted to end the relationship with him but after a lot of arguments and fighting, we ended up sleeping together that night.

He swears that he wants to leave his wife because he does not love her anymore.

Reasons Why Men Cheat on Their Partners

I’m very hurt, and I hope he will leave her for me but I’m a little bit distrustful. I know people would say that I am wrong for dating this guy but I love him to death.

I don’t know what to do now. Do I wait it out and summon up courage to move on.

31 Comments

1. cossy Daniel

April 17, 2012 at 11:27 am

Now u kw he-s married pls I ll kindly tell u 2 leave him n live abeta life so dat he can concentrate on his family bt if u insist I bet u sm day he ll also leave u 4 smbody else.

2. Gambia

April 17, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Even wen u ar married people love ur husband to death no one should try dat wit my husband. I will not take it lightly wit any woman. Bcos any man who marries ar woman did it bcos he love her y leave her for another

3. Appiatus

April 17, 2012 at 3:07 pm

No! Wait til God finally givs u anoda man who wl lov u mor dan hm

4. Melisha

April 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm

The bible says “what God has join 2gether, let no man put asunder. You dating & sleeping wit d man, u ve put a curse upon ur self. Don’t 4get dat what u sow is dat which u reap. My candid advice 4 u is 2 break away or run away 4rm dat relationship and ask God 4 His total cleansing,4giveness and restoration.

5. joy

April 17, 2012 at 7:33 pm

i will advice u to pls leave the man alone,and lo
    ok 4 ur man.

6. chi-baby

April 17, 2012 at 8:58 pm

my people say ‘the cain wey dem use take pursue 1st wife, na dt same cain them go use take flog u when u mess-up to! Atleast, i dn answer ur questn wit styl

7. acha blessing

April 17, 2012 at 9:14 pm

beta leave him for good if u want to see God favor in ur life.

8. pascaline

April 17, 2012 at 10:38 pm

U can wait 4 ever cause he’s not leaving his wife 4 you!!! How would u feel if ur husband leaves u 4 another woman? Even if he leaves her cause of u, be ready cause he’ll still leave u 4 another woman!!! Bless u

9. Fidel

April 17, 2012 at 10:39 pm

My dear if u luv urself leave dat man, becos he is deceivin u, he wil jst make u his sex mate and later he wil tel u dat u are too old 4 him by den u hav done many abortion 4 him and u would hav spend all ur youth with him, he wil jst leave u and go back to his wife. Tak dis advise dat man is nt ur husband stop followin married men dey wil only use u and dump u like a rag

10. Rita

April 18, 2012 at 5:57 am

Don’t mind him. He loves his wife 2 date. What makes you think he won’t leave you for another prettier lady after divorcing his wife and marrying you. Please pray 2 God to bring ur own man cos this man belongs to someone. God will help you.

11. Rita

April 18, 2012 at 5:58 am

Don’t mind him. He loves his wife 2 death. What makes you think he won’t leave you for another prettier lady after divorcing his wife and marrying you. Please pray 2 God to bring ur own man cos this man belongs to someone. God will help you.

12. Ivy

April 18, 2012 at 8:40 am

Babe i will not curse you like some people are nor judge u, just listen n read this words of mine very carefully. i am talking from experience, HE WILL NEVER LEAVE HIS LOVELY WIFE FOR YOU to him you are just a pass time thing. fine he may have sexual feelings for you but thats where it ends. some years ago i started dating a man online just like you, he is based in london and it took me a while before i knew he’s been married but separated. He loves me and the feeling was mutual. he kept on promising he’d divorce his wife but for 4years we dated he never got divorced, they have 2 kids together. then i asked myself some hard questions and then i moved on, i met a cute guy who i am in love with and he loves me too i dont regret moving on. the guy in london still contacts me but i have nothing to do with him. if you keep waiting or holding on to him, you will never settle down or be happy and find love again. remember a rib heals itself with time, you will heal if only you MOVE ON! so my dear MOVE ON!!!!!

13. jemmy

April 18, 2012 at 10:11 am

As oders have said,u got to move on with ur life and 4get dat man! U will definitely get ur own man…

14. Florence Ebele John

April 18, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Don’t tell his wife, so as not 2 destroy a home, kindly let go of him and live ur normal live. God will one day make ur home 4 u.

15. precious

April 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm

plz leave d guy n ask God 4 4givenss,ur own guy wil cm who wil luv n cherish u bt 4 dis 1 run 4 ur dear life blc it is an aborminable act in d sight of God

16. Mrs A

April 20, 2012 at 8:42 pm

“Madam i lov him“ leave married men alone & ask God 2 4giv u 4 dating married men or else same fate will i.e if u eventually get ur own man. BE WISE.

17. Kazeem

April 21, 2012 at 9:57 am

4 me I ask u 2 put urself his wife’s position say hw it feels 2 b abandon 4 anoder woman. Jst 4get it abt him n focus wit ur lyf dt gud man is stil out dere waitin 4 2 find u…

18. Rangsem

April 24, 2012 at 7:31 am

forget him for he will never marry you. time will heal everything. it will take you a little time, but god will bring a better companion because everything happens, happens for the best.
    Keep hope and confidence in yourself, that is the biggest effort in life…to accept things without loosing heart. i can see YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!! all the best.

19. RoseC

April 28, 2012 at 5:06 am

WOW!! Are women still this gullable in this day and age? If he promised to leave his wife for you after meeting you online, imagine what he would do to you after he leaves her for you? He will leave you standing at the altar. My Lord please help this sister out! Show her the lights and give her some common sense to know the difference.

20. sunnie

April 30, 2012 at 8:46 pm

If you are wise, you should know that one day he will meet another woman and tell her same. So why playing fool.

21. emem

May 11, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I beg you in the name of God to pls wait for this man. Mumu, do you need anybody to tell you that this man is just foolinf around with you? Besides, what kind of relationship would you have with a man you heartlessly broke his home? Even if he leaves his wife (which he will never do), he will one day leave you in the same manner for another woman.

22. hanu

May 15, 2012 at 9:13 am

leave him dont wait 4 him if he cn leave his wife he’ll 4 sure leave u if he getz another woman so forget him n move on

23. Pingback: My best friend of 14years divorced her husband, Now she’s after Mine - Mercy Johnson Celebrity Magazine

24. Lyne

May 25, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Some people are even pleading with u to leave another woman’s husband alone. Don’t worry, till the day u will come across this man and his wife u will be surprise by the way he will pretent as if he never met u before. And to crown it all the wife might even be pregnant for ur day dreaming husband to be. Idiot.

25. Lyne

May 25, 2012 at 6:31 pm

26. Grace

February 18, 2013 at 11:25 am

never mind his promises, He will also leave you one day just as he wants to do to her, remember that life dose not end only here, you can found love again. i pray and run to ur hills

27. Bella Yalekhue

January 19, 2014 at 7:57 am

If you want him to live his wife for you hollygost fire will kill you.

28. Ali

August 22, 2014 at 9:05 am

The earlier the better for you.he said he dont lover her again and you,you want to wait isn’t it ridiculious?ha.what he did to mr A,come rain come sun,he will still and still do it to mr B.so find away to end that relationship.he is not your husband

29. Benita

April 4, 2015 at 10:05 pm

Yes u should wait 4 him 2 throw his wife out b4 u enter ok…..bcos na so he will still throw u out 4 another woman. Shame no catch u 4 mouth u post this ruuubbish online…..Tufiakwa