American “vulture” investors, including a top funder of the Republican Party, have demanded that African nations pay over half a billion dollars for old debts â€“ for which the investors paid only a few million. One New York vulture speculator, Peter Grossman of FG Capital Management, is demanding $100 million from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Is he collecting a legitimate debt from the Congo â€” or is the vultureâ€™s claim based on a stolen security? Greg Palast reports from the Congo, Bosnia and New York in the joint investigation by the BBC, the Guardian and Democracy Now!
Share and Enjoy
- Video: Nelson Mandela's first TV interview in 1961
- Rev. Omolade's Response To Chris Okotie's Catholic Statement
- 'He is Now At Peace': Nelson Mandela dead at 95
- Photos - Man rescued after 3 days in overturned tugboat deep in Atlantic Ocean
- Breaking News - Jonathan and His Wife, Patience Admitted Into German Hospital