The celebrated wedding of Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson-Okojie has come and gone and the newlyweds are probably somewhere now having some “Us Time”. However, shortly before the wedding the Actors Guild of Nigeria under the leadership of Segun Arinze appealed to all members to put up an appearance except it is unavoidably impossible.
As obedient members, many actors and actresses who are friends and foes of MJ showed up at the wedding venue to celebrate with one of their own. Amongst those not present at the event was Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde who was not in the country.
But another A-list actress who was conspicuously absent at the event with no tenable excuse was Tonto Dikeh. In a recent interview, TD said she did not attend the wedding because Mercy was not “her friend”.
“You can’t just be a friend to everybody, it’s a normal thing and Mercy Johnson is not just my friend,” she said.
Probed further to see if her decision was based on a serious quarrel she had with MJ in the past? She responded;
Even if I had, I had let go everything. It doesn’t really matter to me anymore.
Everybody is doing well, it’s just because we are not close, and we only did about two or three movies together.
We have never been close friends”.
Share and Enjoy
- Photo - I Compare All Women To My Mum, Jim Iyke Shows off Mum
- I Took My Weave Out And Got Creative With My Natural Hair - Gabriella Union
- Photos - Chika Ike Shows off Photoshoots from Paris
- Haters are Shocked my Marriage has Lasted for a year- Foluke Daramola
- Photo - Wizkid’s Babymama Is Back, Shares Sexy Picture