â€œMy FatherÂ has been sleeping with me since I was 12 years old and when I reported him to my mother, she warned me not to tell anybody because it will bring shame to our family. Now I am 18 and I canâ€™t continue to bear it so I told. my friend who informed the NGO about it. He also sleeps with my younger sister.â€
Those were the words of the first daughter of a 51-year-old Okada Rider, Collins Oleka, who was arraigned before Mrs. A.A. Oshoniy of the family court 6, Ikeja, Lagos, for Harassing, Sexually Assaulting and Penetrating Into his two daughters â€“ Chiamaka Oleka, aged 18 and Ginika Oleka, aged 15.
Mr. Collins, a native of Mbano in Imo State, is said to have committed the offence on the 17th day of September 2011, contrary to and punishable under sections 262 and 259 laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2011.
When the charges were read to him, the randy father pleaded not guilty. He was granted bail by the magistrate, Mrs. Oshoniyi, in the sum of N200,000 and a surety whose address must be verified. He was however sent to the Kirikiri prison when no one came forward to surety for him in the circumstances.
On her part, the Executive Director of the Lagos-based NGO that reported the matter to police said her organisationâ€™s primary duty is pioneering, promoting and practicing sexual violence response and vowed to see to the end of the case. She thus pleaded anonymity.
The magistrate adjourned the case till February 13, 2012.
Share and Enjoy
- After 10 Years of Hard Work, It's Over - Jude Okoye tweets,Is PSquare Over?
- CONFUSION!!! Housegirl Shocks many as SHE turns out to be a Man [VIDEO]
- Abuja Bomb Blast Victims: Government Releases Names & Details of Injured Victims
- How Do You Break Up With An 'Evil' Friend? Advice Please
- Touching - Mother Saves Son's killer from execution as he was About To Be executed