Authorities say Charles broke into residence on the 7th floor of Cumberland Hall around 3:50 a.m. and proceeded to touch the 18-year-old studentâ€™s thigh, waking her.
The womanâ€™s roommate entered the room and confronted the suspect who stated he entered the residence by mistake and promptly left.
The women then noticed a laptop had been moved and packed in what was surmised to be a theft attempt.
Other seventh floor residents told police they heard the sound of someone trying to turn their door knobs. Another female resident looked through her peephole and noticed two males who didnâ€™t appear to belong in the building.
Charles has been charged with 1st Degree Burglary, 3rd Degree Burglary, 4th Degree Burglary, Theft $1,000- $10,000, Theft less than $100, 4th Degree Sex Offense and 2nd Degree Assault.
â€œI am very impressed with the excellent work and quick arrest made in this case by our detectivesâ€, University Chief of Police David Mitchell said. â€œTheir dedication and commitment in identifying and apprehending dangerous suspects should send a strong message to those preying upon our community of this agencies vigilance.â€
Share and Enjoy
- Man beats 8-year-old househelp mercilessly, leaves her with incredible injuries
- One of 2 Men who Boarded Missing Air Malaysia flight looked like Mario Balotelli
- Photo - Wicked Grandmother Cages Grandchildren In Hen Coop For 240 Days
- Thailand arrests Nigerian with drug hidden in Buttocks
- 35 yrs Old Teacher Slept with 16-yr-old student to avenge husband's affair